Date: 23rd March 2011 at 1:57am
Written by:
Could this be the man to replace the ginger one?

Could this be the man to replace the ginger one?

According to a report in today’s Independent Italian club Roma, have made United aware of midfielder Daniele De Rossi’s desire to move away from the club next season.

The Independent notes:

“The representatives of Roma’s gifted central midfielder Daniele de Rossi are understood to have made Manchester United aware of his availability next season, as he contemplates removing his family from the city where his father-in-law was murdered and he is now understood to be the victim of a blackmail campaign.

“De Rossi has a year to run on his £60,000-a-week contract at Roma but though he is the vice captain of the side and plays in the city where he was born and bred, there is an increasing sense that one of the more established talents in Italy will be at the centre of one of the most intriguing transfer stories of the summer.”

As De Rossi is such a talented player, United will not be the only club vying for his signature, with Real Madrid also apparently sniffing round the Italian and preparing a £20 million Summer bid.

De Rossi could be ideal for United and some view him as an ideal replacement for Paul Scholes.

Our very own Steve Crabtree wrote an excellent article on De Rossi a few weeks back noting how he could fit in well at Old Trafford.

For a more comprehensive view of the Italian check out Steve’s article on him by clicking here.

Why not give our Facebook page a like? Click here: Redflagflyinghigh


10 responses to “Roma ‘Encourage United To Bid For De Rossi’”

  1. Man United 1 (Manchester is RED) says:

    Not interested. We need Alexis Sanchez and Douglas Costa, maybe Javier Pastore……but not Daniele De Rossi.

  2. Baldrick says:

    IF he can pass like Scholes, shoot like Scholes and has the ability to tackle without a yellow a game, then why not!

  3. Mylo says:

    Rossi would be a perfect signing, we could then get a young creative midfielder toplay along side him. He a winner and vastly experienced and wouldn’t mind the physical challenge in England.

  4. Danny Salford Red says:

    Massively overrated and to even mention his name as a replacement for Scholes is a farce. he is a water carrier in comparison.

  5. chima says:

    de rossi is the main man to replace paul scholes so saf should sign him

  6. Man United 1 (Manchester is RED) says:

    I dont actually know the reason to all this “he can replace Scholes”, no-one can truly replace Paul Scholes and Fergie has stated that Anderson will be the one to take that spot. We could do with a midfielder but he wont be here to “be the replacement of Scholes”, he will be here to play and help the team. Sanchez, Costa, Pastore – lets buy them all.

    • Red Mick says:

      Firstly Sanchez does track back, he is a phenoemenal talent with an extremely good work rate, however we don’t have the financial muscle we used to and i think our money is better spent in the middle of the park. Costa ….NO, Pastore….certainly looks the part, but so did Seba Veron in Italy, and they look to be similar players.

  7. Man United 1 (Manchester is RED) says:

    Red Mick – dont want Costa, questions Pastore, think we can afford Sanchez…..ho you want, rubbish like any of the following rubbish over-rated nobodies, Modric? Henderson? Rodwell? Chamberlain? Adam? Young? – none are good enough to play at Manchester United. Dont have the muscle we use to?, We will always have financial muscle and can easily afford Alexis Sanchez, we also have the lure of being the worlds greatest club. 99% wants to play for Manchester United and the other 1% are liars.

    • Steve Crabtree says:

      RED – you mention Sanchez and Pastore on pretty much every comment…

      …why not contact Justin and do a bloggiving us the full details of your assessments of the players. I’m intrigued as I know litt;e or nothing about them.