10 Reasons Why United Will Beat Chelsea Tonight
6. Antonio Valencia. Although it’s by no means certain he’ll even start, the Ecuadorian winger always seems to cause Chelsea problems and if given the chance could prove the difference between the two sides. There’s not many players that Ashley Cole struggle against, but Tony V is definitely one of them.
7. The return of Rio. Is there any real doubt that Ferdinand will start? I can’t see him not doing to be perfectly honest. I know Smalling’s been a true revelation these past few games, but no one comes close to Ferdinand in terms of not just ability but also organisation skills.
I expect Ferdinand to not only start, but also to command the United defence to victory.
8. The siege mentality for United is a winner. The Reds always seem to do well when we think everyone is against us and that has never been more true than now. The Rooney charge, the refereeing decisions we’ve been on the end of, the media bias and even the PFA nominations have all made United practically drag out the sandbags and dump them round the dugout.
“We’re Man United we’ll do what we want” has been the cry for much of this season and while it’s not exactly true, the ‘us against them’ attitude could galvanize the team as it has done many times in the past.
9. The wealth of attacking options. While Chelsea struggle to find strikers with any real form, United have what was once termed ‘an embarrassment of riches’ in the forward department. Top scorer Dimitar Berbatov is not even guaranteed a place in the starting line-up which goes to show the level of performance both Rooney and Chicharito have achieved of late.
All three strikers looked immense at Upton Park at the weekend and throw in a certain dramatic Portuguese winger and you have a mouth watering selection of danger men at Sir Alex’s disposal.
10. United are due a win at Stamford Bridge. The last time the Reds won at Stamford Bridge, Tony Blair was incredibly popular as were Tom Cruise and Robbie Williams. That’s how long ago it was. United’s record at Chelsea is quite frankly deplorable and cannot continue.
The law of averages suggests that sooner or later United will win at Chelsea, mind you the same law says City would have won a trophy by now…….
Do you agree that United will win tonight or have I been over-confident? Please let me know your thoughts below.
For more of my utterly and unashamedly biased United rantings follow me on twitter @jaymotty
For all the latest United news and opinions why not give our Facebook page a like? Click here: Redflagflyinghigh
[bet_365 type='generic' size='468'af_code='365_061447
mate, I think that you might be a little too hopeful here over some particular reasons… I agree with you on almost all that you’ve had to say… Luiz will be missed but you cannot rule out the experience that the other chelsea players have especially at this stage of the competition. Rio is doubtful… I’d pick him over smalling for sure but fitness-wise, he might not even make it to the bench. Although i loved the way you described terry’s plac in all of this, he and lampard are their driving factors. How we use our forwards will be the key to upgetting something out of this game… when we get them on and who starts etc. Im also hopeful for a victory but you cannot call it after watching last night’s other quarter finals.
overall, i think you’ve got some great points to note down. lets hope you get eight out of ten right at the very least 😉
Uhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!are you sure!!!will be possible to come again and explain the readers about this if Man u lose? why don’t u consider these factors which can make Man u to lose? I think you are a fan not analyzer, because there many factors which make man u don’t beat Chelsea but you don’t to talk about them. Be ready to tell us what you said when man u lose.
1. Before the arrival of Luiz Chelsea win games against Man u, do you remember?
2.Torres can win or not, do you remember how many games passed without Rooney to score, do u agree that May be Torres to start for today and so many which you have to rethink…..
But wait and see
Hey! Wats sup evry1? Its not a lie all you’v said so far. Am really not after we united breaking d record since 2002. All i need from united is just for us 2 just go out there and do wat we kno best ow 2 do. And please dis goes 2 Alex ferguson. Pls dnt start carrick. He has neva bin up 2d task. Thks. Glory glory united.
i will be unfair to myself if i put a doubt agaist man u’s victory over the Blues tonight,man u’s striking force is hotter than that of the blues.man u has more young and talented players than the blues.man u is more experienced in uefa chaps than blues.man u has the sharpest wingers like nani,valencia,ryan who always give tough moments to the oponent defenders.all these reasons and more put man u higher than the blue
I am a Utd fan for a long time and therefore must be biased. But this so-called journos predicting a Chelsea win is not based on any logic. I believe Utd will not get beat and should comfortably progress after 2 legs. However, here is the catch: If SAF is mad enough to name any of the following in the squad, let alone in the team, then it could be disastrous. These are: Gibson,Evans(injured?? sorry but never felt better), Park, O’Shea, Bebe, Obertan and a few more. Hope Carrick can click a few passes and defence holds up. Scoring can be easy but midfield and defence will be the crux. Good luck you devils. Don’t disappoint us.
it is game that come with different version of history. Man United has handled the absence of Rio very well by conceding few goals and Smalling has excelled in all his pairings (Brown/Vidic), While Chelsea need David Luiz so much in a short time to earn him the PFA player of the month. I believe luck will be crucial in both legs, but United has edge in alot of ways; the result of reply of different finals in this years Champions League favour Man United and many more, but Chelsea and Ancelotti record give another fact to the equation.
So let a beautiful game and pray no red card or too many cautions
On records, yes! Chelsea are victors, but characteristically, I think United are better at the moment, and will turn the records if they play with much confidence and perserverance.
Obviously, chelsea has a weaker attack than United, their defenders doing most of the scoring. United need to be wary of this fact and ensure to keep their defenders at bay. With Luiz(who has been a major inspiration to the club lately) absent, i think United will come out with a good result tonight.
Well You are right….They won and your facts says it all….Good job
10 out of 10.
Congrats to you chap!!
Great win and a good result.
I’d like to add that number 11 should have read
“Penalties – Man Utd are due some luck in this department. Ever since JT missed in Moscow (Sounds like a film title) Chelsea have had more than their fair share of luck from the officials in their games against Man Utd. After analysing post match footage, the officials will be more than aware of the London clubs tendency to dive in the final minutes when chasing a game.”
This is why the decision went against them. Drogba = Diver, Torres = Diver, Yur a Jerkof = Diver.
Don’t get me wrong, Utd aren’t saints and angels mind, but this will have undoubtedly been on the mind of the officials.
Another piece of clever build up talk by SAF. They will probably outlaw that and ban him for 10 games soon citing “He influenced the referee by continually bringing previous refuted decisions to light, this is unacceptable as each game should be officiated on an individual basis, SAF should accept that the decision of the FA is final”