After re-establishing himself as one of the world’s greatest midfielders, in a victorious World cup, the 25-year-old French international was upset by the comments he received from his United manager, Jose Mourinho.
Rather than praising his player, Mourinho said how he hopes that Pogba now realises why he performed so well during his performances for his country and has also suggested that after a frustrating season in the Premier League, and not playing so well, that this was no fault of the Portuguese boss.
United were in talks to sign Mina earlier on in the transfer window, before the deal was cancelled due to a disagreement over his fee.
Now Barcelona think that they can sweeten the deal to get Pogba, by offering a player that they know United want.
But would we really let him go?
Despite their tempestuous relationship, Mourinho says that he will not allow Pogba to leave for Barcelona, according to Spanish reports.
Pogba has been seen back in training with his team mates, looking fairly unphased by all the media attention.
Although today, it has been revealed that Manchester United are preparing a late move to sign Lazio midfielder Serej Milinkovic-Savic, as a “possible Pogba replacement.”
This is according to Rome based newspaper, Il Messaggero.
The Serbian is said to be ‘The player that Jose wants!’ and Mourinho has already tasked Jorge Mendes with working on a deal.
With Milinkovic-Savic valued by his club at £89 million, United would only be interested in paying out, at the event of Pogba leaving.
Will this be another twist in the Pogba saga?
United can still receive offers after Thursday for Pogba, but will not be able to persue any replacements.