1. Quick, doesnt mind going solo and with the desired end product, but enough about my sex life. Antonio Valencia is pretty good, isnt he? Since the loss of Nemanja Vidic, through injury, Valencia seems to have taken over his god like status with the Manchester United fans, and rightly so. His form is probably the main reason for us being top. Assists, goals and work rate, he has everything. Dispite having one of his quietest nights, he was probably our best player. He gave John Arne Riise a tough time all night. He linked up well with Rafael down our right and always looked to go forward. However, i wish he would try out his left foot once in a while.
2. R20;Lets get five” “The perfect game to improve our goal difference” “This will be easy” These are just a few of the rediculous things i read on twitter before the game. In reality, Fulham are a good side, better than Blackburn. The level of complacency amongst Manchester United fans is high. With games coming up against QPR, Sunderland and Blackburn, thats not going to go away.
3. Australians, they are not know for their class, skill or longevity. However, Mark Schwarzer is breaking the mould. At the ripe old age of 39, he is still producing world class goalkeeping displays. Tonight, he kept Fulham in the game, with some quality saves. Dispite being around longer than Home and Away, he is showing no signs of stopping.
4. Talking goalkeepers, David De Gea had another good game. In a couple of months, he has gone from Dodgy Dave, to David Seaman. With his confidence building, and his beard growing, he is starting to live up to all the hype, and the big price tag. During the game, his handling was good, his distribution was decent and his punching as good as Stuart Downing on a night out with his girlfriend.
5. Is our luck finally starting to change? The main slice of luck tonight was the penalty that never was. With Danny Murphy going through on goal, he was fouled by Michael Carrick. However, Michael Oliver knew the rule, about one free foul on an ex scouser, he he waved it away. Also, our injury list seems to be getting smaller and smaller. With only Nani really left to come back this season (and, of course Vidic and Fletcher next season) it would seem that we are going to have most of our players to pick from, in the final push for the title.